Monday 1 April 2013

She went up a hill a girl, and came down a mountain a woman

Oh boy... here it is. Yes I am officially 30. It both scares me and excites me. I've always felt like a kid in an adults body, and that I was moving through life by going with the flow. That is all changing now. I feel like I can use the number 30 as a stepping stone in my life. Like I will be using this year as a measure for my future self. Does that sound hooky? lol

I've decided to make a list of things I want for myself, or things I need to work on going forward in life. This is not a bucket list. This is a life list.Things I should have been doing all along, or things that I feel will help improve my current self. Here is that list:

1. Work on my posture. I feel like there is a pressure pulling my shoulders towards each other, in my chest. .... Hmmmmm i wonder what could be in the middle of my chest that is heavy and pulling my shoulders together.....
2. Get to my goal weight. This might help with the heavy weights in my chest. LOL. I don't want to have a goal weight for the sake of looking good at parties (although that would be nice). I just want to be sure that I'll be around (and enthusiastic) for when I have grand-kids one day.
3. Start resistant/ weight training. This will help me get to the goal weight. You know, you're never to young to worry about bone density! (haha)
4. Meditate
5. Learn to knit AND crochet (i know they are two different things)
6. Go outside with my kids every single day. This is sad that I don't already do this. I'm just not good at participating sometimes. Which brings me to...
7. Participate in as much things as I can. I don't mean volunteer to make 30 cupcakes for every occasion (although once or twice a year sounds okay to me). I mean get off the couch. Go outside. Take my kids (willingly) to the park, to the movies, say yes to plans, be silly, sing, go overboard sometimes. I have been sitting and letting life pass me by lately.
8. Try yogurt and find one I like
9.Walk the hill in my neighborhood EVERY single day. (even in snow and rain. Just probably not in lightning lol)
   10.Try one new recipe a week
11. Turn off my phone at least once a day (or just keep it on silent and plugged in, in my room...)


So there it is. I hope I will continue to grow up (and not out) 

No comments:

Post a Comment