Monday 6 May 2013

Pictures

I need some pictures of me with my kids. The only times I have me in the picture with them, is if my mother does the giant pic of the whole family at Christmas, or the professional pics we took last summer. I wish I had some candid ones, where I can look back and say "wasn't I a dish?" when i'm 80. I want pics of me and my girls, that make my heart melt and smile. I hate those posed pictures that are fake and the only reason my kids are smiling is because I just yelled out "FINE WE WILL GO GET ICE CREAM, SO SHUT UP AND SMILE!" Or, i'm digging my fingers into their thighs to make them laugh. It's not real people!!! my kids are not that happy!
I wish my boyfriend (yup, still just a boyfriend...) was a better photographer. He has NO idea how to make me look skinny or cute in pictures. There's one pic that he loves of me... he took it when I was about 6 or 7 months pregnant with Diva. I had just gotten out of the shower, so my unruly/curly hair was soaking wet and hanging limp down my back. I had on no makeup, and I was wearing a tank top that is too short (to cover up a baby belly at least). He made me sit in a chair and i was turned awkwardly towards the camera and made one of those "hurry up and take it" smiles... I hate that picture. He loves it. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY. I don't look pregnant, i look fat. I look like i just got out of the shower, because I did... and i'm not looking happy at all. Sooo long story short, I trust him not one freaking bit to take candid, not entirely fake, and not entirely real, pretty pics of me and the girls doing things we barely ever do together (tea party anyone?).

Singed,
The Faceless mom

No comments:

Post a Comment