Friday 10 May 2013

well? do they?

Does anyone have their shit together at age 30?
I don't think so, but for some reason, there's a lot of pressure out there to get said shit together. When I say that, i mean, have the right job, the spouse, the kids, the car, and money in the bank RIGHT NOW.

 I was talking to one of my best girlfriends today, and she was having a panic attack over turning 30 this weekend. She has a good job, but needs to change career paths due to medical conditions. she was living with a long term boyfriend, but when they split up, she was forced to move back home with her parents. So now she feels sad and stuck. I get it. Life sucks sometimes. I think she's in a prime life situation right now. She is older and can make way better decisions than what we did in our early 20's, she is selectively dating, which (to me) means that she is more aware of what she will and will not tolerate from men.
 I remember being single in my early 20's and i was just a blind little bat. She is jumping in with both eyes open. But I feel her panic a little. I see and hear everywhere , that once you turn 30, things just magically work out for you, and if they don't, then oh no you must have been on the wrong path!!

 So it got me thinking of all the ladies I know, who've just turned 30. NONE of them have it together (well no, two of them are doing quite well and on their way to greatness. they can kiss my gritts...I mean that with love.) I have one friend who is doing well in the relationship department, but hates her job. I have a friend who is married, but just lost a job and home. I know someone who was married and is now moving out of their home, with their 5 year old daughter. One friend is in love, has a great job, but lives in a city she hates. PLUS she can't seem to get him to commit (WHY WON'T YOU COMMIT TO HER ALREADY PANDRE!?)

So, what does that tell you? To me, it means that we are still babies, and shouldn't let life pressure us in anyway to be ready for the future. As for me, I have two kids, a home, a man, and a job i love. BUT i'm broke as a joke (with no end to that in sight) and also not heading down the aisle anytime soon (which I do want. To me, it's important).

So I ask again, does anyone have their shit together at the age of 30???????

No comments:

Post a Comment